The Budget Surplus and Healthcare

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 16 09:49:16 PST 1999

>Medicaid spending has gone up appreciably, and going
>the whole way to national health care would cost more
>than $100 billion, hence my omission of health care
>in the list above.
>
>mbs

Max for Pres! But don't you think Max, that a national health care system that also covered and collected premiums from all those healthy folks adored by insurance companies could go a long way towards cost effectiveness? Also I see cost savings in the very group-effortness of it all. Pharmacuetical companies would lose their wild ride, saving enormous amounts. I mean, 21 year patents on drugs, many of which were at least partially developed with tax dollars at NIH. Shoo fly!

Not to mention all those patriotic oldsters rooting out fraud on medical bills. What about a medical corp for health pros willing to serve in return for educational benefits. Institute the promise of a fair and equitable system, and the process will come. I'm convinced the problems other countries have is partially predicated by the great American debacle.

Something for their black-hearts to shoot for.

smooches-p