Anti-Zionism does not equal Anti-Semitism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 17 06:49:07 PST 1999

billy elgin wrote:

> Part of my problem is that I havent read enough about the history of the
> region to compare corrupt Zionists with corrupt Arab nationalists.

This is offensive. Palestinians, like any other nationality, have a perfect right to be corrupt in their own state. Invaders (settler colonialists as in South

Africa, Algeria, and Palestine [called Israel] have no right to be either corrupt or honest. The corruption or non-corruption of Palestinians is utterly irrelevant t otheir right to their own nation. When talking about Palestine the phrase "Arab" is also offensive. "Arab" corresponds to (e.g.) "Europe," while Palestine corresponds to France, Hungary, etc. To use this terminology simply repeats in language the material denial of the Palestinian right to exist.

One qualification here. I don't fight with non-marxists. Hence I simply delete Nathan's posts (I believe he started this thread). If Billy Elgin does not claim to be a marxist, then I apologize. If he claims to be a marxist, he is a scoundrel.

Carrol