Fwd: THE NEW LEFT TAKES OVER AMERICAN UNIONS

Josh Mason Jmason at aflcio.org
Wed Feb 17 16:42:33 PST 1999

Alex, this is exactly right. I don't write about my job much on the list, but I work in one of the more obscure corners of what we call The Building -- the Office of Investment, where we try to find strategic uses for union pension funds. And just when I'm convinced of the uselessness of it all, something like this comes along and reminds me of how terrified the elites still are of labor. An executive at Orgeon Steel, where we've got a big campaign going on right now, recently announced we were "a threat to the American way of life." I sure hope so!

Josh

BTW, it turns out that issue of the Baffler you asked about is sold out.

>>> Alex LoCascio <alexlocascio at juno.com> 02/16/99 11:07AM >>>
The ruling classes must truly be scared shitless if they're moved to write articles about the "new" AFL-CIO for rags like American Enterprise. John Sweeney must be doing something right.