99.exe

Tom Lehman TLEHMAN at lor.net
Sat Feb 20 19:11:51 PST 1999

Dear Doug and the LBOers,

Last night the State of Ohio executed a homicidal handy-man named Willford Berry, who had been involved in a robbery and murder of a Cleveland area baker in 1989. This was the first execution in Ohio since 1963. Berry known as the "Volunteer", because he said he would rather be dead than spend the rest of his life in prison. Got his wish, thanks to Ohio Governor Bob Taft.

Taft in a move to keep up with his fellow old testament Republicans didn't stop the execution of Berry.

Currently, there are 161 prisoners on death row in Ohio waiting their turn to be strapped to Ohio's death "cot". Berry will be the first in what no doubt will be a long line of human refuse to be disposed of by Governor Taft.

Taft also reportedly belongs to the same mainstream Protestant church as the Bush brothers and other Republicans who advocate this state sanctioned death cult. I personally find these mens' actions cruel and unusual from an educated mainstream Protestant viewpoint.

Rather than go into all of the disgusting details of Willford Berrys' life---I would like to point out that he first attempted suicide at the age of 9. And yes, there are some parallels between Berry and the man that our Democrat leader President Clinton executed during his first presidential campaign while still Governor of Arkansas. The President Clinton who I have often seen on TV, leaving another mainstream Protestant church with Bible in hand.

Your email pal,

Tom L.