Greenspan speaks...

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Tue Feb 23 09:11:07 PST 1999

>Greenspan can't say that mass unemployment (4% unemployment is MASS
unemployment) and poverty are sine qua non's of "our" economic system. He can't say if everyone had a job, the workers would win all strikes because there would be no scabs to take the workers' places. He can't say that if we trained everyone to be able to work there would still be millions unemployed and underemployed, so lack of job training as a cause of unemployment is a hoax.

yeah, and what a powerful hoax it's been. the australian govt has just extended the work for the dole stuff (workfare to you yanks): those under 25 have to prove that the're literate and numerate (to what degree is unclear), and if they're not and do not undertake literacy and/or numeracy 'training' (whatever that means) will be cut off the dole.

happy happy,

angela