Economics, only, goddamnit!

Alex LoCascio alexlocascio at juno.com
Wed Feb 24 05:36:48 PST 1999

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:31:15 -0500 "J. Barkley Rosser, Jr." <rosserjb at jmu.edu> writes:

> This list used to have more discussion of economics and finance, so
>much so that Doug was unhappy. So, then he started a thread/seminar on
the
>writings of Judith Butler, theorist of the lesbian phallus and other
>brilliant stuff. The result is what you see today...

Allow me to quote from the charter:

"LBO-talk is a mailing list for the discussion of politics, economics, and culture, all expansively defined. It is sponsored by Left Business Observer , a newsletter mainly about economics, and moderated by its editor, Doug Henwood.

"Despite that sponsorship, I hope this list will be a forum for speaking across intellectual and social boundaries that have divided the left, such as it is, for too long. Among these oppositions I'd like to see worked through are ones like class/identity, cultural politics/"real" politics, Marxism/postmodernism, universal/particularist, activism/theory, economics/culture, nature/labor; nature/culture, and labor/culture."

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]