What is a Meta-narrative?(you need a body to be a post)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 25 14:22:05 PST 1999

It seems to me that Paul is playing games by almost deliberately implying an obvious falsity: that upholders of meta-narrativeS necessarily uphold some one meta-narrative, which would be absurd.

The closest I can think of to such an all-encompassing single meta-narrative would be that implied in Paul's organizational label, "Reason and Democracy," which is either an utter triviality or a claim to a meta-narrative that out metas even that of Jerry Falwell.

Carrol