Tibet

Dave Markland markland at uniserve.com
Mon Feb 15 00:06:07 PST 1999

It seems to me that two of the fundamental tenets of Buddhism make great cop-outs for affluent westerners (or Dead-heads, etc.) who want to pose but with no personal sacrifice. ie. Karma and Dharma.

Karma says if you're a rich pig this life you probably were especially noble in your past life and therefor deserve your rich status now. Or, alternatively, and more commonly I think, it allows someone to say that rich bastatrds will "get theirs" in the next life (and won't they be sorry then).

Dharma is the acceptance of life as it is-- don't try to change it.