Carter on Social Security

Charles Miller bautiste at uswest.net
Sun Jan 3 07:44:02 PST 1999

Sure why not? The deep-seated distrust of govt. is only growing... This is a case where people want to believe something that can be shown is completely contrary to the facts. The question is, if enough people believe and act that way, doesn't it start to become a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Another question is: as politically conscious activists do we want to reinforce the antipathy to govt. or somehow bolster the image that "hey, it's not as bad as Rush Limbaugh wants you to think. The govt's okay, it's just a bunch of disinformation fed to you by people who want to control society in the name of a traditional Christian-fascist ideology"?

How well did the notion that the Reps are perpetrating a putsch by impeaching Clinton play in Poughkeepsie?

chuck miller

Henry C.K. Liu wrote:

I just heard Carter say on the King show that twice as many people believe in UFOs than there are who believe they will actually collect social security someday. What do LBOers have to say about that?