New Clinton Scandal: Alleged Illegitimate child takes DNA test

d-m-c at worldnet.att.net d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 4 22:21:14 PST 1999

At 11:17 AM 1/5/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>agree with this analysis. But so far this Deadbeat Dad story looks like a
load of
>crap to me. it's the Star, not even the far more credible Enquirer, and
the Drudge
>Report, and the NY Post couldn't dredge up any sources of its own. it
wasn't even
>solid enough for TV last night, and the Post lamely refers to "endless
Internet
>intrigue", a sure sign of a non-story. newspapers always talk about the
web when
>they have nothing to say.

Hey, tell this to Nathan will ya? I talked with a couple dozen people about this--yer avg ordinary folks who don't work in academia or participate on listservs. NONE of them had heard about it, surprise surpise. And when they heard about it through me and the reports, HAH, they could not have cared less. Thoroughly disgusted by it all, they were.

Most of them said they hadn't even been paying attention to any of it for quite some time. A few watched the hearings but with disdain and disgust, and mostly because they work at home and keep the TV on for company.

Completely unscientific survey, of course, but I really would like to bet something significant Nathan, whaddya say? Think you can make it out of that yuppie Ivy League enclave and buy me a scotch when I visit Doug later this spring? A good time will be had by all right Dougie?

Kelley