Capitalism eating its own

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sun Jan 3 16:29:32 PST 1999

Anita Mage wrote:

> Btw, the same article was posted to one of the forums at the LFA website a
> couple of days ago. As a lupie who tries to keep track of the latest lupus
> literature, I have not run across any reference to aspartame triggering
> flares whatsoever. While bad reasons not to drink diet coke may be better
> than no reasons, this is obvious crap.
>
> Anita

I don't think we know enough to call it "obvious crap". When you look at the fibromyalgia literature it does not ever mention that it is caused by a phosphate/kidney problem. Why? Because there are only a handful of physicians who have done the research necessary to make the connection and they are still in the process of getting the research formed in a manner that will be accepted by the medical industrial complex. There are still many doctors who think fibro is a psychological problem, and many many more who view it as rheumatism, so I wouldn't be so quick to discount these physicians who may be looking at aspartame in a way that the traditional school trained medical profession is not. It took a doctor who had fibromyalgia himself to be dedicated enough to it to conduct research to uncover the kidney connection. (And I would like to point out that the medical deity Mayo Clinic does not even list fibro as a condition in its big bible of diseases.)

What actually causes lupus? They may have it all wrong, you know. The corporate powers that be still don't want to admit that chemicals in the environment cause illnesses like cancer. Better to wait to see what develops than to dismiss what these people have to say so quickly.

Marta Russell