NOI and KKK

Apsken at aol.com Apsken at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 12:51:02 PST 1999

In an earlier post, I recalled a publicly acknowledged meeting between the Ku Klux Klan and Nation of Islam, photographed and reported in the press. I should have added that I recall also a time, after the NOI puchased land in Alabama on which to produce beef cattle, that the Klan poisoned the cattle to prevent its success. So I suspect that any episodes of cordiality between NOI and KKK -- if indeed that's what they were -- were even more ephemeral than the LBO thread has indicated, and that Rakesh's attempt to impute political significance to the former must be regarded as purely diversionary.

Ken Lawrence