Prisons

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 6 21:09:09 PST 1999

>Abolition is led by African-Americans, as is clear by
>looking at the racial composition of consensual executions. Of the 229
executions
>since 1976, twenty-nine, or 12 percent, have been consensual. Only two
have been
>of African-Americans, twenty-four were white."

Carrol, does consensual mean uncontested,ie, no appeals are made by the prisoner? Do you think it's cause it's really so much harder to get into jail if you're white( as I well know from past experience), that a portion of those that do are bound to be ready to die, due to a particular severe emotional sickness, of whatever. Know where I'm going here? The whites are undiluted, a severely damaged group of individuals.

I would imagine that might be true of the entire population, not just those on death row. Yet whites must surely benefit from their race going out too. Hmmmm...