Middle Class

d-m-c at worldnet.att.net d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 7 04:04:26 PST 1999

At 12:36 AM 1/7/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>BTW somone mentioned government workers. A postal workers or a filing
>clerk is definitely a worker. Whether you are a worker or part of the
>new class is not a matter of who you work for, It is a matter of the
>type of work you do.

As I recall, we were discussing class interests. The lit on the New Class encompasses a sub-lit focusing on class interests--to what extent can these groups see themselves as aligning their interests w/ the working or capitalist class. This stems from Marx's writings on the 'autonomy' of intellectuals. I'm in hotel right now so can't give you refs.