How the United States spies on us all

James Baird jlbaird3 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 7 10:31:41 PST 1999

My stepbrother (I didn't grow up with him - our parents married a few years back, long after we had both left the house) just became the commanding officer of the Army detachment at Ft. Meade (NSA's puzzle palace) I was joking with his mother over the holidays that from now on, she doesn't have to bother calling him - she just has to pick up the phone, say his name (followed by something like, "Kill the President") and he'll get the message.

I wonder which agency is responsible for archiving and reviewing lists like LBO. The electronic nature of the medium suggests the NSA, but monitoring internal subversion is more the bailiwick of the FBI. Maybe both? Any suspicious-looking email addresses among the lurkers, Doug?

Conspiratorially yours,

Jim Baird