Oakland highlights

wahneema lubiano wah at acpub.duke.edu
Thu Jan 7 13:10:56 PST 1999

Actually, Toni Morrison tried to explain it recently in the NEW YORKER and was taken to task for it by quite a few editorials.

Recently (can't remember when--but within the last couple of months) a columnist writing about Trent Lott's address to a white citizens' council-type group quoted one of its leaders' (writing in a flyer) as referring to Clinton as the first black president.

Wahneema Lubiano

****************************************************************** Wahneema Lubiano Duke University, Program in Literature PHONE: (919) 681-2843 FAX: (919) 684-3598 [Note new e-mail address: wah at acpub.duke.edu]