advice

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 10 06:50:55 PST 1999

Hey gang-

Lately I've meant several people, with computors and disposable incomes, that have nothing on there desktops, little in thier bookmarks, and are basically in the clutches of some commercial portal.

I also see classes for surfing the net advertised.

Do you think people would pay to have their computors customized to their interests? Along with a little 20 min lesson on net navigation, maybe?

I'm torn. On the one hand I know these folks will never spend hours finding stuff. On the other hand I'm not sure they realize what they're missing. And do they have any real interests?

I also thought of putting an ad in a yuppie neigborhood paper for something like- Everyday Research - for folks who don't have the time to research the things that would help them make every day decisions.

What do you think? Would people pay for this? Do they do this up in Noo York City?

Hope you don't mind this silly question, but like I say, I'm torn.

Any input much appreciated.

smooches Paula