Stuck outside of Mobile, with the Memphis blues again.

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Sun Jan 10 15:32:31 PST 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Today's NYT has a chart showing that America Online has a market
> capitalization greater than GM's, and Yahoo's is roughly equal to Boeing's.
> It's one of the greatest speculative bubbles in market history. Art Cashin,
> director of NYSE floor operations for PaineWebber, called it Tulip.com on
> CNBC the other day.

According to one Michael Burke, a pretty smart self-employed financial parasite out of Boston, the one thing that has been keeping him from shorting the internet bubble is that everyone knows it's a scam. When sober people start spinning fairy tales to justify the valuations, that's the time to buy put options on these absurdities.

I noticed that this article in the NYT is the first piece I've seen on the mainstream media about valuations of internuts without once using the B word.