Incivility

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Jan 12 12:50:59 PST 1999

> What an impressive reply, Max--you cry baby. Esp like how you pulled off
> a defense of Todd Gitlin and Malcolm X in the same post. No wonder you
> work in DC.

a. Glad you liked it, and it's true I am a sensitive soul.

b. Gitlin doesn't need a defense. You do.

> By the way, did you ever consider that since I find myself in the midst of
> yearly Kwanza celebrations, founded by tough guy Ron Karenga,
> that I write what I do?

No, I think you write the way you do because you're buried in books that blind you to reality, including real history.

> At any rate, neither Michael Porter nor I deny the need for business
> development in the ghetto, though the question becomes what incentives are
> you willing to accept? Depressed min wage?

This has nothing whatsoever to do with business development in the ghetto (nb, Doug). It has to do with seizing on fragments of somebody's speech and making wild leaps of extrapolation to theoretical postures which were irrelevant or at best peripheral to the actual history.

[sniff]

mbs