IP in China

Wed Jan 13 09:42:53 PST 1999

Some African American activists have an effort to get reparations for unpaid labor during U.S. and colonial slavery. Congressperson John Conyers has introduced a bill .

Charles Brown

>>> "Henry C.K. Liu" <hliu at mindspring.com> 01/13 1:28 PM >>>
K. Micky:

It has never been put forward as a formal proposal. But the idea has been floating around for a long time. Under current circumstances and international law, the trade sanction powers of the rich economies are so strong that this approach is a non starter. But if you and others wish to take up the cause by promoting its theoretical basis, it would be a great contribution to global development.

An IP amnety for developing economies propossal gained some moentum until globalization when the argument to IP violators from advanced economies can expolit the amnesty by relocating thir operations.

The current Third World strategy is lower IP loyalties.

A review of the entire IP regime as currently imposed by the West is a very progressive undertaking for leftist intellectuals.