The anthropic principle & Rakesh

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at oregon.uoregon.edu
Sat Jan 16 15:19:30 PST 1999

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Eric V. Kirk wrote:

> But dialectical materialism, of which I used to believe vehemently, is
> simply an attempt to state that there is a purpose and meaning, but
> avoid the inevitable question of a source of that meaning. It's just
> "there."

According to Olaf Stapledon's "Starmaker", the cosmos is just another test-run of some gigantic polydimensional automobile manufacturer, which sputtered and blew some gaskets before being shelved for newer, slicker designs. Since I worship penguins, I've converted to dialectical penguinism, myself.

-- Dennis