bitchy asides...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 21 10:10:16 PST 1999

>From today's WSJ:

<quote> When Rep. William Jefferson (D., La.) asked what sort of actions he had in mind, Mr. Greenspan startled some committee members by urging them not only to reject Mr. Clinton's proposal to lift the minimum wage by $1 to $6.15 an hour, but to lower or repeal the minimum wage. "I think it does more damage than good," said Mr. Greenspan, who earns $133,600 a year, "but I recognize I'm in a significant minority on that question." </quote>

$133,600 is about 12 times a minimum wage earner's annual full-time take.

Doug