homophobia

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Sat Jan 23 05:44:03 PST 1999

Yeah, I meant in US and similar. But I agree about the periphery, more development seems to almost always affect homophobia (for want of better word), and maybe to a more complicated degree sexism (again for want of a better word). And as for biotechnology, though I confess to being personally sqeamish about this stuff, I find it v. politically exciting: artificial insemination, crazy egg tricks, repro tech has tremendous implications for changing the way we organize and think about gender, sexuality, family. And the relationship of women to work. Lesbian and late-middle-aged moms are probably just the beginning...