homophobia

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 22 14:29:48 PST 1999

Liza wrote:
>And as for biotechnology, though I confess to being personally
>sqeamish about this stuff, I find it v. politically exciting: artificial
>insemination, crazy egg tricks, repro tech has tremendous implications for
>changing the way we organize and think about gender, sexuality, family. And
>the relationship of women to work. Lesbian and late-middle-aged moms are
>probably just the beginning...

There is a very interesting and well-written article titled "A Value-Theoretic Approach to Childbirth and Reproductive Engineering" by Kathryn Russell in _Materialist Feminism : A Reader in Class, Difference, and Women's Lives_ (Eds. Rosemary Hennessy and Chris Ingraham. NY: Routledge, 1997). Have you read it? (Has anyone taken a look at the book for that matter?)

Yoshie