homophobia

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Sat Jan 23 05:54:27 PST 1999

Eric:

> Unfortunately, the urbanization correlation lends itself to the theory that
> homosexuality is a biological aberration related to over-crowding, as the now famous
> rodent experiments seem to suggest. Undermining this is the fact that while

Yeah, but just because something supports an unfortunate theory doesn't mean it's not true. But I must know, what famous rodent experiments?

> Curiously, the Castrodistrict in SF is becoming populated with heterosexual families
> as aging homosexuals are leaving for the suburbs and looking for a more relaxed
> lifestyle.

More relaxed? Last time I was there (last spring) I thought the Castro itself had turned into one big coffee bar/mall. still a pleasantly cruisy feel, but it's hard to imagine the suburbs could be any more complacent.

> I wonder if this is going to lead to more enclaves of "gay culture" in
> suburban areas.

Already happening, as far as I can tell, though my impressions are totally anecdotal -- haven't seen any data.

Liza