cop shows

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 25 14:46:28 PST 1999

>> not saying that watching lots of cop shows _necessarily_
>> makes _all_ of us think and act in the manner I just
>> described. Nonetheless, popularity of cop shows, 'true crime'
>> shows, footage of raids and arrests during TV news,
>> etc. is a disturbing phenomenon, I think.

Since you mentioned these true crime shows, I'd like to jump in and agree on that front. I have some loose web of thinking that puts these shows, and those wild animals killing each other shows, and even Jerry Springer, into a catagory I think of as, hmm, I've never named it, but it's the, See, humans are worthless, life is cheap, what's more, it's only natural that it's cheap cause that's the way nature is, so forget about fairness and justice and grow up shows. Know what I mean?

And though there's no committee or anything planning this Big Spin, maybe, there's a convergence of cynicism, or maybe, the defensiveness of wounded souls, a generalized cirrosis of the spirit. Sad. No gratitude possible. It leads to the Never-enoughness of life.

Ho-hum Paula