Butler and bad writing

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 26 06:37:38 PST 1999

>I guess I just don't get it either: part of what
>seems to be
>implied by some of the responses to the discussion of Butler is the
>view --
>profoundly undialectical in my opinion -- that there really isn't
>anything to
>be learned from all of the work carried out by scholars like Butler.

ooh,ooh, not at all. what she's saying is happening, man. it's just, like anyone who would bother to read stuff like the admittedly small tortured sampling I've read, either already knows most of this, will never truly understand most of this, or may get some kinda clue, then "get it" through some other source.

but then, I'm still pissed off cause unnecessary jargon had me too scared to buy a computor(though I read TechnoBuddy and watched the Computor Chronicles), and now that I know what some things mean, like "platform", I don't umderstand why that had to be so. Still, it's somehow more excusable with computors.

When I read that Butler paragraph that someone posted, it was hard to pay attention as the language made you laugh, while becoming annoyed.

Just regular folks-p

ps-Nice tribute to Nader in Salon. I wish I could be his girlfriend, or daughter, or right hand man. Though I wish he'd get his ass on mainstream television. Like do the news for mtv. Stop by Dinner and a Movie. Educate Roseanne Barr and Opray. He shoulda been a reg on Murphy Brown. He and Gore Vidal should have their own talk show. They could do road movies! Hey.....