Specters of the 'Middle Class' (was That Obscure Object....)

d-m-c at worldnet.att.net d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jan 26 13:49:08 PST 1999

Yoshie is being obtuse methinks

Kelley thinks that it might be a good idea to flesh out how this ideology works and quit acting as if most people in these here United States think that there aren't any distinctions to be made. Oh yeah we're all workers, but uhhh well tell me are ya gonna go out and starting slinging hash alongside Paula Yoshie? I'm not saying that you should, of course. But you know just as well as I do that we have some power that someone who works at the 7-11 doesn't. Of course, the fellah at the 7-11 can make your and my life purty miserable when and where he wants. But, uhhh, he surely doesn't have the power to define what 'health and illness' is (physicians, et al) or what 'real' literature or 'real' culture is Nor does he have the power to define all sorts of things. I've given y'all this rave before and I don't have time or patient to fuck around today.

Get a grip.