Specters of the 'Middle Class' (was That Obscure Object.

d-m-c at worldnet.att.net d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 27 17:12:15 PST 1999

At 11:13 AM 1/28/1999 +1300, you wrote:
>G'dday
>I'm glad to see the vexed issue of class has stuck its head up. Have any of
>the discussants actually tried to operationalize class models ? i.e. like
>gone out and mucked around with survey/census data to create a class map. I
>ask for the amazingly shallow reason that I'm about to launch into just such
>an exercise (as I don't have a social life) using some kind of approximation
>to Wright's first or second class model.

I don't have a social life either Bill, so I've got some stuff for you. When I get done unpacking my files and putting 'em away in the filing cabinets I'll send along a critique of the assumptions in Wright's model. I'm fairly certain I have it on disk but if not, then send me an address where I can send it to.

Kelley