Wind up workin' in a gas station

Thu Jan 28 10:35:21 PST 1999

Yea Chuck,

Structuralism through post-struc. seems to have some validity as a theory of academe, a self-awareness of academe, where discourse reigns etc. Academe is part of social reality though, like k was telling me a while ago. It is a front in the overall class struggle. The radical reform movement of the 60's and 70's got a big push from the Profs.

Charles Brown

>>> Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at tsoft.com> 01/28 11:46 AM >>>
In any case, so I was reading the thread on teaching and trying to locate it in some Marxist lexicon and thought you know that's were Butler's been. She's been in academia. She is writing about all the obscure power games that go on there, just like Foucault. I mean nobody who has been on the business end of a wheelbarrow would write shit like that about power or the body.

So, I painted a picture of the academy from the outside. Glad you enjoyed it.

Chuck