Butler and bad writing

d-m-c at worldnet.att.net d-m-c at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jan 28 12:01:48 PST 1999

verbiage.

>You read -- and understand -- Hegel? How is she a Hegelian, pray tell? How
>do the motifs of early 19th century idealism and the tropes of the
>nation-state apply to the world of late capitalism?
>
>-- Dennis

Actually, I'd recommend her stuff on Hegel. Difficult to read, but I think it's helpful to understanding Hegel (that and Kojeve)--least it helped me and I was reading it as an undergrad and I'm a dingbat and all so I'd say anyone get read it and take something away from it if'n they try. She needed an editor very badly though, acckk it was tortuous that writing. She did her diss and subsequently published it, reworking Hegel's master/slave dialectic and challenging the assumptions therein. i'm going to post something about that in a couple of days, as I thought it might help w/ the reading that yes we will start soon. Promise

Kelley