Beyond The Politics of Cancer Alone

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Jan 29 16:16:00 PST 1999

Daniel wrote:

> Bill,
>
> I'm not satisfied, for example, to see that
> only a small minority of people appreciate the importance of wholesome,
> clean food. If I had any influence in a political party, I would like it to
> be in the dietary department - you could call it that to make it
> respectable, but really I'm talking about the kitchen. I sometimes wonder if
> the most important important thing a political party can do might be to feed
> people good, wholesome food. On a regular basis. (The Black Panthers
> understood that, of course.) You'll think I'm crazy, I know. Most people
> think ideology is more important. But, what can I do? It's been my
> experience that even Marxists can't think straight when they're on an
> American diet. And, in my experience, they usually are. Overall, what
> Marxists need most is a lot more fresh greens. And fiber.

Quincy,

My experience with the importance of food tells me you are right on. The American diet is way too heavy in sugars and refined carbohydrates, which eventually led to instable blood sugar problems. Coca cola and nestle chocolate are what kids get as choices of snack foods in vending machines and it is making everyone less stable emotionally and mentally. Studies show the American diet is way too low in minerals - esp magnesium - due to modern farming and depletion of the soil, to name but a few things in support of your insight.

Understanding exactly what you mean, I'll sign up for this revolution.

Best, Marta