Dear Doug & Max

Alex LoCascio alexlocascio at juno.com
Sat Jan 30 03:30:32 PST 1999

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 12:11:11 -0600 "Peter Kilander" <peterk at enteract.com> writes:

>I've heard a rumor, I believe by the way, that Christopher Hitchens
and
>Alexander Cockburn are both coming out with books on Clinton in late
>April/early May and will do a joint book tour. Hitchens's will be titled
"No
>One Left to Lie To" and Cockburn's - "The Joy of Sex." If they do tour
>maybe those of you who like to take potshots at the 2 from your keyboard
>will have the balls to confront them directly.

As much as I disagree with Hitchens lately, he's at least been consistent throughout all this Lewinsky nonsense.

But Cockburn has gone from supporting Clinton's removal from office to denouncing all the "snoops" and "bluenoses" and defending Clinton, even going so far as to attack Hitchens when the latter belabored Clinton's criminal behavior towards Iraq and Sudan.

Once upon a time, Communists abandoned their anti-fascist commitment when the Hitler-Stalin pact was signed, only to return to it when the Germans invaded the U.S.S.R. I'm sure Claud Cockburn did his share of flip-flopping. Like father, like son?

Oh my, is that a pot shot? Well, I promise you that if those two ever come near Virginia during their tour I'll be sure to speak up.

Doug has a passage in Wall Street about how insecure Americans get off on all the limey nastiness in The Economist. I think the same could be said of uncritical Cockburn/Hitchens groupies.

___________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com/getjuno.html or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]