Another Famous Black Goalie

JayHecht at aol.com JayHecht at aol.com
Thu Jul 15 10:06:16 PDT 1999

Folks,

It turns out Ms. Scurry grew up in Minnesota. According to the "Journal of Blacks in Higher Education," blacks have a higher rate of college graduation than whites in that state (and this probably correlates with a lot of other SE stats), even though blacks are only 4% of the pop (I may not have these stats exactly right).

Once again, the steroeotypes prevail, and the "tipping myth" of school integration: if only blacks would live in predominantly white areas/states, then they could easily become "integrated!" Didn't that attorney just write a book "The Good Black?" which addressed this same issue (in the context of an elite law firm?)

In the WSJ article, the author pointed out: suppose Ms. Scurry MISSED the shot? Oh yeah, we'd have the piece of shit Al (Blacks-Don't Have Game) Campanis trotted out to give us religion!

So - am I wrong, or did a gentleman named GRANT FUHR win the Stanley Cup for Edmonton??????? And has anyone pointed out that there is a Nigerian defenseman playing for the New York Rangers (of course he may have already been traded given another horrible season). Blacks basically have to be at least +2X as good as whites in sports - 4X in medicine, and 10X in academia (or some other stupid multiple).

Jason