Another Famous Black Goalie

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri Jul 16 08:04:35 PDT 1999

I am sorry that this gesture is not better known. We have few left sports heroes. Many come in with left sympathies, but their tax accountants generally move them to the right pretty fast.

Dave Megassy was in my neighborhood food conspiracy, but he did not ever become a star. Reggie Jackson used to come down to KPFA, but he became a conservative. Bill Lee ran as the candidate for the Rhinoceros party. Tom Macmillan was a relatively liberal congressman. Bill Bradley, less so.

Then we have the Jack Kemp, Vinegar Bend Mizell, Jim Bunning, Steve Largent, J.T. Watts crowd.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu