Another Famous Black Goalie

Michael Hoover hoov at freenet.tlh.fl.us
Fri Jul 16 16:16:25 PDT 1999

> Dave Megassy was in my neighborhood food conspiracy, but he did not ever
> become a star.
> Michael Perelman

Dave Meggyesy, St. Louis football Cardinals offensive lineman and author of _Out of Their League_?...that 1970 book was published by Ramparts (the magazine) Press gives some sense of the times...I understand that it is supposed to be re-released this year...

any listers know what became of San Fransisco (now Golden State) Warriors & Seattle Supersonics forward Tom Meschery...he was, to best of my knowledge, the only publicly-announced marxist to ever play in the NBA and he even wrote an article back then (he played in the 60s and early 70s) about the exploitation of pro athletes for Sports Illustrated...he was a poet to boot... Michael Hoover