KPFA on and on

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Sat Jul 17 12:38:14 PDT 1999

It seems to me that to not come down hard on the national Pacifica board for its breaches would be a mistake. Maybe breaches is not the right word. The power has shifted to the top, the national ingroup has already gone into corporate mode and they should be busted for that. Pacifica IS run like any other corporation right now as far as I can tell. It is unaccountable to the listening public, its supporters, and the general manager here in LA at least tends to defer all matters of policy to the national board. He just follows orders. Isn't all that a reason for not abandoning ship and pressing for a change in structure? It seems that we should be able to accomplish that within our own ranks.

Marta Russell

-- Marta Russell author, Los Angeles, CA Beyond Ramps: Disability at the End of the Social Contract http://www.commoncouragepress.com/ramps.html