Rwanda/Intervention (was Caldwell on war)

Maureen Therese Anderson manders at midway.uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 19 14:17:36 PDT 1999

Michael wrote:

>> A propos, for a superb account of press coverage on Rwanda, see "The
>> Inscription of Difference: News Coverage of the Conflicts in Rwanda and
>> Bosnia," Political Geography 15(1):21-46, 1996, by Garth Myers, et. al. (It
>> can be also read online at
>> http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/09626298, just click on the
>> appropriate issue).
>
>I'd love to read it, but you seem to need to be a member. Could you post
>it?

Strange. It's been a while since I went to the site, and I remember it was a cyber-journal format I'd never seen before. But at that time you definitely didn't have to be a subscriber simply to read or print out the article. I remember though that it didn't seem to allow you to download it. (However, as you know I have a reverse Midas-touch with cyber-techno things, so I had been hoping it was just my incompetence.)

Unfortunately I don't have a scanner for submitting my own dead-tree version. If the site really is inaccesible I will try to track down the author and see if he can send it to me as an attachment. It really is a useful article.

--M