John-John, RIP

Alex LoCascio alexlocascio at juno.com
Tue Jul 20 13:12:31 PDT 1999

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:40:47 -0400 kelley <oudies at flash.net> writes:

>i recall working for plant closing legislation in NYS. every time
someone turned us away at
>their front doors or sniffed at our petition or screamed at us as we
stood
>outside the gates of a factory engaging in a little consciousness
raising,
>someone or three or ten would grimace and whine about apathy and
mindless
>support for capitalism, etc--as if it was the personal, moral fault of
the
>individuals in questions, as if they'd never heard of structural
analyses,
>as if they'd never heard of hegemony, and so forth.

BTW, Kelley, one last thing before I sign off for the day (I'm waaaaaay over limit).

The above situation does not apply to yours truly. Allow me to explain.

I was having a terrific fucking day today, having finally gotten off my ass and joined Solidarity, and I got in touch with an old buddy in Detroit who is soon going to do the same.

Then something put a damper on my day.

The director of the Peacenik group that I've been involved in since the NATO bombings of Yugoslavia refuses to send a contingent to the Steelworkers march this Friday, on the grounds that he doesn't want "to help anyone get a job in the armament industry."

Needless to say, I was FURIOUS. If anybody is guilty of lacking structural analyses, it's misanthropic Greens and Pacifists who I suspect don't really give a shit about the human race, or at least the part of it that has to work for a living.

My criticism of working class boneheads notwithstanding, I'll go to the mat to defend my brothers against pseudo-radicals who think they can solve the problems of the world with candle light vigils and Working Assets phone service. Shit.

___________________________________________________________________ Get the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.