Captive Nations Week

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Jul 21 21:49:07 PDT 1999

Sam, at risk of filter-cide:

. . . Captive nations is an old concept used by Nazi's and Fascists in the former Eastern Bloc countries. It is derived from the notion of the subjugated nations. >>

Au contraire, my young and credulous friend, it is two things: Western cold-war terminology for victims of Soviet domination, or what some folks used to call social-imperialism. And from the left, the terminology of oppressed nations, or subjects of colonialization/imperialism. The underlying reality -- coherent national enclaves with little scope of self-government -- is the same in essence. (Again the fetish of state ownership of capital as the key to human liberation.)

"The Captive Nations Committee is essentially an OUN-B . . .

-- Russ Bellant, South End 1991.

I know Russ Bellant. Russ Bellant is a friend of mine. You know the rest.

With whom do you think you 'score' by yelling "Nazi/fascist/Hitler" so much? The Jews?

Cheers,

Max