Captive Nations Week

Sam Pawlett rsp at uniserve.com
Tue Jul 20 23:07:37 PDT 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

> The global market abhors the elevation of national
> sovereignty over international capital, especially
> in cases where expressions of nationhood threaten
> to destabilize existing commercial relationships.
>
> Hence the progressive case for supporting "captive
> nations." A provisional list would include
> Palestine, Kurdistan, Timor, Tibet, Taiwan,
> Chechnya, Northern Ireland, Southern Sudan,
> and Kosova. Maybe Manchuria and Sinkiang (sp?).
>
> Additional nominations welcome for consideration.

Texas?

Captive nations is an old concept used by Nazi's and Fascists in the former Eastern Bloc countries. It is derived from the notion of the subjugated nations.

"The Captive Nations Committee is essentially an OUN-B(Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists) front that operates out of the UNIS(Ukrainian National Information Service)in Washington D.C... Even before Hitler came to power, the German Nazi Party was seeking and working with like minded political groups around the world. By the time the Nazi's came to power, the OUN was one group that received money and training from Germany. The OUN-B was not only an instrument to aid Hitler's war aims against the Soviet Union, but also to serve his intelligence agencies in the U.S.... In 1943, the Germans inspired collaborators from the Ukraine, Bulgaria, Byelorussia and the Baltic countries to form a Committee of Subjugated Nations to co-ordinate resistance activity against the Soviet army.... When the Stetskos(leaders of OUN and Captive Nations Committee) visited the White House on JUly 19, 1983, Reagan told them "Your struggle is our struggle. Your dream is our dream." The Stetskos' dream,however, does not represent an alteration of their wartime goals. Slava Stetsko, for instance, wrote a forward to a book, *Captive Nations* which offered a glossary of definitions of political terms:

Anti-Semitism: A smear word used by Communists against those who effectively oppose and expose them.

Fascist: An anti-Communist

Nazi or Hitlerite: An active anti-Communist.

" On July 20, 1988 George Bush delivered a hard-line foreign policy speech to those attending the annual Captive Nations banquet sponsored jointly by the Captive Nations committe and the ABN (Anti-Bolshevik Bloc of Nations)... The ABN is the high council for the expatriate nationalist groups that formed the police, military and militia units that worked with Hitler during WWII. Some were organized as mobile killing teams that exterminated villages and sought to murder whole ethnic, racila and cultural groups. These mobile killing teams are the forerunners of the modern death squad..." from *Old Nazi's, the New Right and the Republican Party* by Russ Bellant, South End 1991.

Bill Clinton has continued the old Republican tradition of supporting WWII vintage Nazi's and Fascists. Ain't that nice.

I would also note that the map of Russia and Eastern&Central Europe looks today exactly the way it was drawn up by the Nazi's.

Sam Pawlett.