discussion on working class, etc.

Eric Beck rayrena at accesshub.net
Thu Jul 29 14:04:46 PDT 1999

Charles asked:

>Are you saying class and status are the same thing ?

Nope. Trying to say that status is one of the things that defines, or one characteristic that makes up, class. Or something. Tom said wealth and income are the sole determiners of class, and I said it was a lot more complicated than that, that there are lots of other factors that determine class. Status being one of them, and being one of the reasons that, in my example, the college professor is of a higher social class than the auto worker who has more monetary wealth.

Eric