Footnote on LBO

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Jun 1 11:31:13 PDT 1999

> At 12:48 PM 6/1/99 -0400, Max Sawicky wrote:
> >would not fall under the scope of my statement. Real
Communist cadre groups are a whole different matter. The plain fact is that if you are in such a group, bullshit is one of the daily dietary requirements, and adherence to principle is carefully rationed. This has nothing to do with academics or >

> Max, and how exactly do Communist cadres differ from, say,
Democrat cadres or Repug cadres, Social Democrat cadres or for that matter, any other bourgeois or crypto-bourgeois political party in this respect? >

Dem/Repug cadres -- equal bullshit Social dem/progressive cadres -- less bullshit Clinton Administration -- incredible bullshit. Academics, think-tank workers, and lawyers -- generalizations are bullshit.

One reason for the finding of bullshit re: communist cadres is my higher expectations and standards of and for them. Sort of like people criticizing Israel for not being a light unto the nations, and similarly unfair, if I meant to single them out (I didn't).

My post was not a survey of political formations, but a comment on LBO and the Doug & Louie show.

And I ain't bullshittin' you,

m"bs"