Life in prison for stealing food

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jun 3 09:55:01 PDT 1999

annia wrote:

>There's some citizens or lawyers group in colorado trying to pass a
>three-strikes law for corporations: break three state laws, and you
>can't do business there any more. I think it's a way of highlighting the
>double standard: i.e., we crack down on people for three offenses, but
>violate three environmental or labor laws and you'll *still* get a huge
>tax break, etc. Does anybody know anything about this? Like the name of
>the group, for example? I read about it somewhere, but can't remember
>where ...

Don't know about the Colo thing, but the anti-corporate charter crowd has a web site at <http://www.ratical.com/corporations/index.html>. It all seems very legalistic to me - very Constitutional, in that classically American way, with lawyers standing in for mass political movements - and it's not clear what they'd replace corporations with. But there it is.

Doug