Comparing Mao to Hitler

Rob Schaap rws at comserver.canberra.edu.au
Sun Jun 6 23:42:31 PDT 1999

Chris writes:

>I do not think KCHL is the sole
>representative of the Chinese People and it is true there is a danger of
>this issue being represented too personally on this list. IMHO.

Now I know what people mean by 'British understatement'! They're going at it like rabid dogs, Chris! For people with lots of time, it might be mildly entertaining, I suppose. Boring band-width wastage is how it strikes some of the rest of us.

The traffic on this list is formidable enough without importing shit-fights from other lists. Accusations of 'liar' and 'racist' never serve a purpose down the pub (other than to spill a little blood), and I can't see how they're supposed to substantiate or enhance anything here, either.

Yours, 'Bored' of Canberra