politics of chlorine

alex lantsberg wideye at ziplink.net
Mon Jun 7 17:23:17 PDT 1999

-> ->I missed this. Why is banning chlorine bad for poor people? - -Germs in the water, I guess.

i actually think that elimination of chlorine may be bad for rich people.

i'm pretty sure that there are ways to disinfect water without chlorine. i know for a fact that there are ways to treat it.

the problem is that most urban sewage systems are the type that need to rely on engineering processes and an industrial infrastructure--which in turn means big government contracts, taxing mechanisms, and those wonderful municipal bonds!

aml