Crime and Incarceration rates

Fellows, Jeffrey jmf9 at cdc.gov
Wed Jun 9 05:47:14 PDT 1999

A much better source for intimate partner violence (domestic violence includes child abuse, elder abuse, and sibling abuse) statistics is the recently completed National Violence Against Women Survey (go to www.cdc.gov/ncipc for information). The numbers of IPV victimizations are greater than the NCVS, but not so much that the NCVS is totally useless. Unfortunately, the NVAWS is not an annual survey.