More on Racism

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 9 10:06:23 PDT 1999

All from the NYTimes

June 8, 1999, Tuesday

Morgan Stanley Answer to Bias Suit: Ex-Worker Abused Expenses Morgan Stanley Dean Witter yesterday accused a former employee who filed a discrimination suit against it of brazenly stealing the firm's money through systematic false expense claims, and said that the employee's contentions of racism and homophobia ...

Business/Financial Desk

1301 words

By JOSEPH KAHN

June 7, 1999, Monday

Wall St. Victim or Young Rogue?; Christian Curry Found Trouble at Morgan Stanley

If family and friends had taken a poll when Christian Leigh Curry joined the Wall Street powerhouse Morgan Stanley Dean Witter in the summer of 1997, they might well have voted him black banker most likely to fit in. Born to a wealthy New York family ...

Business/Financial Desk

2702 words

By JOSEPH KAHN

May 26, 1999, Wednesday

Mystery Grows Over Payment by Morgan Stanley

Many people on Wall Street are scratching their heads as to why Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, America's largest securities firm, would pay $10,000 to a middleman who helped secure the arrest of a former employee. Now, it turns out, even the middleman h ...

Business/Financial Desk

1067 words

By JOSEPH KAHN

May 21, 1999, Friday

No Explanation on Payment As Yet by Morgan Stanley

Amid the swirling allegations and counterclaims that surround a racial discrimination lawsuit filed against the Wall Street powerhouse Morgan Stanley Dean Witter by a former employee, one question stands out: Why did the firm pay $10,000 to a police ...

Business/Financial Desk

882 words

By JOSEPH KAHN

May 20, 1999, Thursday

Cash Sought From Big Firm In '98 Letter

Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, a leading securities firm embroiled in a racial discrimination dispute with a former employee, received a letter last August demanding a $15,000 payment from a police informant who helped arrange a sting operation that was ...

Business/Financial Desk

1236 words

By DAVID BARSTOW with JOSEPH KAHN

May 19, 1999, Wednesday

In Twist, Charges Against Former Morgan Stanley Analyst Are Dropped

The case of Christian Curry was already strange enough, with the lurid photographs and the forged E-mails and allegations of racism and homophobia within one of Wall Street's biggest firms. Mr. Curry, once an analyst for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter, l ...

Metropolitan Desk

796 words

By DAVID BARSTOW

May 31, 1999, Monday

Who Knew What, When At Morgan?

The general counsel of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter learned of an in-house lawyer's decision to pay $10,000 to an informant involved in the arrest of a former employee shortly before the payment was made, according to a person close to the firm. Christ ...

Business/Financial Desk

1222 words

By JOSEPH KAHN

August 22, 1998, Saturday

Police Unit Tracks Cases Onto Internet

Christian Curry had what appeared to be a foolproof method for winning a lucrative judgment in a Federal discrimination lawsuit he had filed against his former Wall Street employer, investigators say. Speaking to a man who he thought was a computer h ...

Metropolitan Desk

808 words

By DAVID ROHDE