How now NATO?

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Wed Jun 9 10:10:21 PDT 1999

I unsubbed May 20 to go on vacation and was blessedly news-free until I returned to New York late last week. In trying to get back in sync with discussions here on the list, I've been surprised to see very little commentary on the Balkans war. Doug assures me that in my absence there was "plenty of war commentary, but now that the war seems to be ending, the commentary has with it."

Well, that word "seems" is fraught with peril, but I don't think it's premature to begin discussing what steps to take to ensure that NATO can never take action like this again. Any ideas?

Carl Remick