Liu's China

Henry C.K. Liu hliu at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 9 11:13:54 PDT 1999

The dictionary defines Proletariat as: 1) the lowest social or economic class of a society; 2) industrial workers who lack their own means of production and hence sell their labor to live.

In Chinese revolutionary discourse, the term proletariat is trnaslated as property-less class which includes the landless peasants.

Henry C.K. Liu